My summer humidity beauty essentials
Oh boy … I’m hanging out for a change in the weather.
When Queensland gets hot and we all start profusely complaining, you may sit somewhere else and think: “hey, that’s nothing … we reached 43 degrees yesterday” but the thing is that our good dose of summer usually comes with a hefty whack of humidity.
And humidity and I are not happy home fellows.
If I move from underneath my fan, I need to move to somewhere where there is cool, fresh water to swim in.
My usual beauty routine goes out the door (or slips off my face to the floor) and I reach for the stuff that will make me feel cool when at home and protected when swimming at the beach or pool.
These products below have proved very much up to the task:
1. Pure Romance Coochy Rash-Free Shave Cream $16: I do a lot more shaving in summer and need it to be kind on my legs and under-arms. This feels like silk going on and is a winner. And yes, no rash!
2. Palmer’s Coco Butter Formula Hydrating Gel Lotion $7.40: Have been a Palmer’s fan since way back and this new product (not available till March, sorry) is a winner for soothing summer skin that’s had a taste of the sun while at the beach or pool. Love the dense texture, the gorgeous smell and the way my skin just laps it up.
3. Evian Facial Spray $16.95: This product has been around for years and it sit on my desk with me (and comes on excursions to the beach too). It’s a quick, refreshing pick-me-up. And great for setting makeup.
4. Wella SP Sun Spray $32: I love swimming at the beach but I also love having blonde hair. The pair don’t really mix unless you take preventative measures. This little gem of a product has been mine this summer. If my hair could talk it would say, “thanks very much”.
5. NIVEA Sun Ultra Beach Protect SPF 30+ $17.25: The whole family has been getting into this one. For me it’s a perfect add to the beach bag for top ups after swimming. The spray application is a godsend – CANNOT stand getting sand mixed with my sunscreen. Can you?
6. Maybelline NY Baby Lips in Mango Pie $3.95: These lip balms launched last year but now there are two more yummy variants – my lips have loved a
little lot of mango pie. They are lovely and moist and protected with an SPF 20.
7. Jane Iredale Facial Blotting Papers $20 (then $8 per refill): I’ve been keeping my makeup to a minimum but when I have to put some on to head out, I keep these natural blotting papers close by. They’re made from organice flaxseed oil, which works to absorb any excess oil without ruining your makeup.
What products get you through summer? Do you have a fave?
PS. On my Styling You blog, I’ve created my Style Manifesto for 2012. Would love you to let me know what you think?
PPS. Thanks to Justb-er Melissa Leaver for linking up this video on our Facebook page. It’s a humorous look at the not-so-humorous magazine obsession with photoshopping. Hit the Facebook Like button on this page if you like it too!
Top photo: Pinterest