Fashion trend to try: leopard print
Have you got a bit of animal in you? I do.
I love me a little leopard. Not actually the real leopard variety of course. No, if you come to my home you won’t live in fear of finding it looking like a game reserve.
No, if you come to my home and peek in my wardrobe you’ll find a goodly smattering of leopard print.
On kaftans, high heels, bags, scarfs, loafers … you name it, no wardrobe stone has been left unturned in my love of the leopard print.
Which is really good as it NEVER seems to disappear off the style radar. So I always have something on-trend to pull out, wear and feel fabbo in.
Now maybe this is a trend YOU’VE already nailed. You happily bring out your inner big cat on a regular basis but maybe this is a trend that you’ve previously found a tad overwhelming.
There are some key style points I like to keep in mind when going the leopard. These might help you:
1. Too much leopard print CAN be too much.
2. Make leopard print the statement – the focal point – of your outfit.
3. If you’re new to this trend, a clutch or pair of shoes can be a great place to start.
4. Don’t mix your animal prints – you are not a jungle or an African plain.
5. Leopard print works back with neutral colours of black, white and tan but it also comes to life with a splash of vibrant red, orange, yellow or cobalt blue.
6. Never throw out a piece of leopard print. Even if this trend seems to skip the odd season or too, it always comes back.
Still want more? I’ve put together a bit of a gallery for some style inspiration.
Which is your fave leopard print look? Do you do a bit of leopard? Or perhaps you’re more zebra?