Food: Ten Killer One Dish Recipes
Blinking heck. It’s so BUSY at home, isn’t it? I mean, I don’t know if it’s like this at yours, but I am so caught up with work and making sure my family and friends are having nice times. I am so caught up with socks on the floor and bills on the kitchen table. I am so caught up with remembering to do things and say things and bring things. It’s a bit chaotic and full of things at mine.
When it comes to dinner, my favourite things are the kind that will sit in a pot merrily simmering themselves into deliciousness, or else those that bubble away in the oven, coaxing themselves into a golden state.
Is your life a tiny bit like that? And do you like to cook things like that too?
Sometimes even pasta and sauce is one too many pots, although I’m totally into rice as a side dish on days like this, because it’s set and forget. So what I’ve done, for us, is to scout out a bunch of dishes that are a bit set and forget, too.
I want you to sit on the couch with your pal, or catch up on some blog reading, or lie in the bath while your dinner gets going. Do you want those things? Yes? Good. Here’s ten dishes that you can cook and set aside. Or set and forget. And then you can get on with the other busy making things, knowing that the foodie bit is done and dusted. Yay!
>> The recipe links are under each image in light blue text <<
1. Donna Hay’s Baked Mushroom, Bacon and Spinach Risotto = the very definition of comfort!
2. One of my very favourites, Love and Lemons show us this Tomato and Vegetable Curry. YUM.
3. How about Chicken Cacciatore? This one’s via BBC Food.
4. Would you like eggs for dinner?! This one dish wonder is Shakshuka and it’s from Smitten Kitchen
5. Super healthy and super delicious pumpkin curry via Citrus and Candy
6. This is my kind of dish. Spanish Chicken with Chorizo = YUM! It’s from Life Is Great
7. Can’t Live Without shares this Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe : My kids would go CRACKERS for this!
8. Eggplant Gratin With Herbs And Creme Fraiche via Farmhouse Table. You just need a big glass of wine and some crusty bread and you’re all set!
9. Plateful’s Claypot Fish Curry sounds like a GOOD IDEA!
10. Love Eat Food’s Spicy Pea Curry. Just add Naan!
What’s your favourite one dish recipe? Do you like a bit of set and forget at your place?