Five Good Things: Wednesday
Our completely un-boring Monday to Friday round-up of great things you need to know about.
1. First cab off the rank is Pear Tarts with Honey-Bourbon Creme Fraiche. How does that sound to you? It sounds good to me. You can use store-bought pastry if you want and you don’t even need to peel the pears. Yum. At The Vanilla Bean Blog.
2. Kate and Bren from Foxs Lane have been preserving the last of their tomato crop. Do you ever dream about a rural life, like the Foxs Lane tribe? I totally do, but for now we are city mice (until the kids are schooled and grown up!)
3. Coq au Vin. Yum. I make a speedy version of this French classic, but I’m super-loving the look of this one, from The Delicious Life. This makes me want to yank out the Le Creuset. Except I don’t have one. But if I did, I really would.
4. Are you having a party? Maybe these Hanging Garden Escort Cards are your kinda thing? Part cute floral arrangement, part practical, you could use them as party favours and everyone would be totally chuffed. They’re at Julep.
5. I was talking about The Perks of Being A Wallflower over here recently. I wondered whether to watch it and in the end, I did. I’m glad I did. There’s something special (and sad) about this film. It’s a bit like The Breakfast Club of 2013, really. Design Sponge are going further, living IN The Perks of Being A Wallflower. I LIKE it! (Although I would not want to live there… it’s hard being a young adult!)
Do you have any good things to share? Things we should all know about? Add them in the comments section, won’t you?