10 things I learned about budgeting from Justb. readers
Pip and I have been blogging here on Justb. for three months now and I must say it’s been incredibly lovely to chat to so many of you. You are all SO smart, creative, funny and inspirational.
Just yesterday I asked on the Facebook wall for budgeting tips in light of the World Bank telling us that we’ll need to continue to pull up our financial socks this year.
And I was NOT surprised to discover that we have some very clever, organised household budgeters out there.
Here are the 10 things I learned from YOU:
1. Rent privately instead of from the bank!
2. Once week have a “zero dollar” day.
3. Plan and savour things you save up for, even a nice restaurant meal.
4. Create fun and memories that are free.
5. Plan your meals and shop online.
6. Put designated cash for budgeted items into envelopes each pay cycle. Once it’s gone, it’s gone.
7. Pay utility bills monthly or fortnightly to eliminate a quarterly or half-yearly shock.
8. Look out for local council free deals, eg free swimming lessons
9. Budget all your bills for the year, divide by 52 and put that amount each week into a no-fees bank account.
10. Don’t stress
Did you miss out on this Facebook conversation and want to add your super budget tip to this list? Then please leave a comment below … it’s for the greater good!
PS. I’m over at Styling You today showing you five fashion looks for autumn 2012.Main photo and how to create a budget box: credit