Fresh, quick and easy avocado salsa
Is your family competitive? Mine isn’t, well not about most things. We all just cruise along doing our own thing for the most part. Except when it comes to avocado salsa. My sister thinks she makes it best. She does it every Christmas and I will admit that it’s darn right delicious (her secret is sweet chilli sauce). My husband also does a killer avocado salsa (his secret is sour cream). My other sister, well she makes a pretty fab one too (her secret is chilli). And then there’s mine. My avocado salsa is honestly the best of them all, if I do say so myself.
This past weekend, the first of winter for the year, was the perfect weather for a little salsa and corn chips. Hubby was nursing his worst hangover yet, my Ma had taken my daughter for an hour or so and I was left to watch Real Housewives and eat avocado salsa, in peace. The perfect combination.
Here’s how to whip up the BEST avocado salsa recipe.
FatMumSlim’s avocado salsa recipe:
- 2 ripe avocadoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, diced finely
1. Place all of the ingredients into a serving bowl.
2. Serve with corn chips or on toasted baguette slices (preferably while stealing a little ‘me time’).
Find more avocado dip recipes:
- Chunky avocado salsa
- Avocado salsa made with tomato salsa from a jar
- Avocado sweet chilli dip
- Guacamole dip
My recipe relies on simplicity and beautiful fresh ingredients. Do you have an avocado salsa recipe secret? What do you put in yours?
This post is part of Coles Fresh & Real campaign – fresh food made more inspiring.