Food: Eleven Rad Things To Do With Kale
Oh my stars. Easter. Gosh. Yes, it is a special time for all kinds of religious reasons, if that’s your cup of tea. BUT, it’s also that time when you either painfully resist or succumb helplessly to things made from chocolate and things made with mixed peel and things made with sugar and things made with…chocolate. Gah!
The whole festival can leave you feeling rather doughy, don’t you think? You may still be picking bits of prettily coloured foil from your teeth, even? Shudder.
How was it for you? Perhaps you lay on the couch and watched back to back episodes of Downton Abbey or some such thing? You might even have stayed in bed for whole days, brushing crumbs from your bosom as you turned the pages of fat novel, squinting in the dim light?
I can relate. Still, all is not lost. This is the perfect time to freshen ourselves up, isn’t it? We too can rise and become shiny and new, can’t we? I think so. I think we can brush aside the crumbs and foil and straining corsets. And I think kale will help…
Did you know?
Kale is not just ONE type of veggie, but rather a family of cabbage distinguished by their ‘headless’ formation. Instead of growing in a head like regular cabbage, they grow more free-form distinct leaves. Tuscan kale is the variety most often found in your local green grocer.
1. Kale, Apple & Pancetta Salad (via Taste for Adventure )
2. Gnocchi with Sausage and Kale (via Bev Cooks )
3. Lentil & Kale Shepherd’s Pie with Roasted Garlic Potatoes (via sweetsugarbean )
4. Insalata di Cavolo Nero alla Pizzeria Toro (via GiustoGusto )
5. Pardina Lentil, Green Apple Kale Salad (via An Edible Mosaic )
6. baked sweet potatoes with mustard greens, leeks, white beans a cilantro tahini (via what’s cooking good looking )
7. Cauliflower and Kale Pasta (via The Bite House )
8. Waldorf Kale Salad (via Blue Kale Road )
9. Kale, Chickpea and Chicken Soup with Rosemary Croutons (via feasting at home )
10. Kale Pesto (via The Roasted Root )
11. Kale Palak Paneer Homemade Paneer (via Noms for the Poor )