Food: Eleven Golden Dinner Ideas
Yes! We’ve made it to the end of the week! For many of us it was our first full-bore week back at full-bore work, after a sleepier early January, and I’m guessing we’re all a bit exhausted. Of course, the best thing to do when you are tired is take some time to rest, eat well, do some gentle exercise. But perhaps you’d rather lie on the couch and eat something delicious with a fancy drink instead?
I’m going to do all of the above, cramming the virtuous with the less-so for a well-rounded weekend. Top of my list is Golden Food. I KNOW you know what I’m talking about. That golden crust that’s only made by baking, toasting, buttering, roasting or frying. Yum.
I’ve combed the web for the very best recipes in this non-virtuous, golden category. And just for good measure, I’ve thrown in some more healthy golden ideas, too. Cook something golden this weekend and feel completely golden, outside and in!
1. (via Garlic And Thyme Quinoa Patties | Cook Republic)
2. (via Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Balsamic-Sage Brown Butter | Aida Mollenkamp)
3. (via roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and harissa |familystylefood|recipe)
4. (via Salmon Croquettes Recipe – Saveur.com)
5. (via Neil Perry’s lasagne recipe)
6. (via Corn Cakes with Goat Cheese » Cook Like a Champion)
7. (via Pink Parsley: Zucchini and Ricotta Fritters)
8. (via Kitchen notes: Parmesan and truffle fries)
9. (via Rosemary Parmesan Polenta Fries | The Spicy RD)
10. (via Roasted Cauliflower with Red Chile, Cilantro & Lime | REMCooks)
11. (via Tuesday Tastings :: Curried Chicken Sandwich | Camille Styles)
Are you into golden? Do you like a bit of crunch?!