Life : Eleven Clever Ways With Instagram
Did you know that JustB has an Instagram account? Well, we do! It’s a fluffy fledgling at this stage, but we’re going to incubate it carefully and make it into something special! You can follow us at justbaustralia
Perhaps you have an Instagram account too? Perhaps you are as addicted as we all are?! In case you don’t know about Instagram, it’s a photo sharing app. You download it to your smartphone, create an account, snap photos, edit them and then share them with your network. Simple, no?!
Instagram MAY seem like a clicky waste of time to some, but it’s actually turning digital photography on its head, ensuring that people think creatively and publish images frequently and rapidly. In the early days of digital photography (or even a short couple of year ago) we’d snap our shots and save them to our computers and that would be the end of it. They’d often never get to see the light of day. Instagram has turned that upside down, encouraging us to document ours special moments on a daily basis and share them with our friends (or the world) in an instant. I guess it’s a lot like the advent of the Polaroid back in the 1970s, although Instagram is much more far-reaching and shareable than Polaroids ever were.
In this new age of Instagrammies, there are some real leaders in the field. There are some people who are taking Instagram to a whole new level of excellence and sharing their knowledge/tips/photos freely, too.
Some Of Our Favourite Instagrammers ::
- Fat Mum Slim : fatmumslim : From the blog of the same name, Chantelle leads the field in Instagram tips and tricks and takes really great photos. She also founded the Fat Mum Slim version of Photo A Day. Nip over to join up for May Photo A Day to develop a daily creative habit!
- Foxs Lane : foxslane : Kate and her family run Daylesford Organics in Victoria and you can follow their delicious, crafty, family life on Instagram. Kate has a blog too.
- Greg Briggs : gregbriggs : Mr Briggs takes iphoneography (that is TOO a word) to a whole new level, snapping amazing pics and stolen moments on the streets of Melbourne and beyond.
- Gourmet Girlfriend : gourmetgirlfriend : (from the blog of the same name, also. Lovely foodie photos and family skylarking to inspire your cooking and life embracing adventures!
- Kootoyoo : kootoyoo : (again from the blog, Kootoyoo.) Kirsty’s a photography student and mumma and her photos are beautifully composed and always clever. If you’re looking for inspiration or a fresh point of view, Kirst’s your gal.
- Meet Me at Mike’s : meetmeatmikes : this is MY instagram! It’s rad and stuff. Kind of. I’d love to meet you over there!!
And if all that’s not enough Instagram inspiration for you, I’ve compiled a little selection of great things you can do with your Instagram photos. It’s very cool to share them with your network digitally, but it’s even better if you also print the out and find ways to look at them every day, too!